Welcome to Bad Cupcake

Contact us at a.bonn@yahoo.com

about me

Monday, March 1, 2010

Chocolate Fantasy!!!! It was so much fun.












We are so thankful to be a part of something that helps so many people. It is good to give. So this is some of our display. I sadly did not have my trusty camera man:( BOOOOO!!!!! He is out of the country. So I made do with what was in the country.....


Here are some brief, very brief, and fun pictures from the night. Albeit my night was observed from my table. But it was a spectacular view!


This picture, does not do this little friend justice. I loved this. My mom came and pulled a super woman, and added touches, and details that were just perfect. I love you mom!





Sooooo many cupcakes. It was a labor of love. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. My compradre' Rhio, helped me with all my tasking. I guess you could call her my task master. She's kinda a big deal.
She helped me crank out the chocolate swirls, and did all of her grad work, at the same time. She decided to commit to me, and this event when finals were the next week. She is a good friend. You can be impressed, lol.


So the cupcakes were an inspiration, through my new allergy. They are flourless chocolate cupcakes. The texture is soft, and delicate, with a soft, fudgey brownie center. We added Blood Oranges to the chocolate batter, to brighten the flavor, and give continuity to the other flavors we were adding. We made a mango puree, which consisted of mango, jack fruit, and blood oranges. We added the mango puree as a filling to the cupcake. Topped the cupcake with mango infused whipping cream, a slice of mango, mango puree drizzle, and a drizzle of home made raspberry puree(for pop and surprise of flavor). This was all completed, and polished with the home made chocolate swirls. We won the best presentation award, or the bodaciously beautiful award, and it was well worth it. So much fun!










0 comments: